Visit blogadda.com to discover Indian blogs

Monday, April 25, 2011

The flora and fauna of Assam:: Episode-2

In my earlier episode I wrote about the Golden Langur of Kakoijana forest near Abhayapuri town of Assam. The Golden langur is declared an endangered species found only in this forest of Kaoijana. In this episode I shall show you some clips of Butterflies found in the forests of Assam. Most of them in this video clip are found in Ultapani and nearby areas of Assam. Also I am going to show you one of the endangered birds “The Adjutent Stork”. These are rapidly disappearing from the nature for want of tall trees favorable for their breeding. At the same time vanishing of sources of their food has also added another dimension to their being endangered. I would like to thank one of my colleagues, Mr N.K. Dey, for these clips.

No comments:

Post a Comment