Visit blogadda.com to discover Indian blogs

Saturday, June 11, 2011

Jana Gana Mana and our emotional response


Every cinema lovers knows that CHOTA CHETAN is the first Indian 3D film made in 1984. It was originally a Tamil Movie named MY DEAR KUTTICHATTAN. The Unique thing about this film is the making of it. Unlike to day’s digitally converted 3D films CHOTA CHETAN was shot in real 3D using cameras with 3D lens and that’s why without the spectacles it was almost impossible to see the movie. Being a movie freak I could not afford to miss the opportunity of seeing this film for its technical features and traveled about 80 kilometers from a remote town of West Khasi Hills district in Mehgalaya to Shillong in 1985.My obsession for such kind of movies was not doused since the production of 3D films became very rare and more over living in a town like Bongaigaon one is not much privileged to have good theaters and to enjoy good movies. However my last visit to Mumbai opened the door of opportunity to see a 3D film. My Daughter Lipi Das who looks after this department in Reliance Media Works at Airoli, Navi Mumbai took me to FAME CINEMA OF AD-LAB at Andheri Mumbai where I got the opportunity to see the new age 3D film after 27 years of interval. While sitting inside the theater I was eagerly expecting the movie PIRATES OF THE CARIBBEAN to begin. My daughter teased me saying “Papa you are going to experience something new. Not the 3D but something else.” I could see her eyes wink to know my reaction. After some statutory display on the screen suddenly I beheld a sentence popped up on the screen. It read” JANA GANA MANA”. “PLEASE STAND UP” and all of us stood up along with other spectators in honour of our National Anthem. Playback of National Anthem in theaters in India particularly in Assam, since years, has come to a grunting halt following exhibition of disrespect to the sacred song by the cine goers. But this initiative of the Mumbai cinema theaters is praise worthy. What is new about this presentation of National Anthem except the musical ornamentation put on lips of the maestros? I wondered. The obscurity began to diminish slowly from my mind and I started growing anxious with my heart pounding up and down. The state of my mind became so weak or I may say fragile as if something unwanted was going to happen or if I was going to miss something very dear. It was Lata, it was Asha, and then it was Pandit Jashraj and so on…. Every one lent his or her voice for the National Anthem. Then shall we not see our very dear the evergreen, the ever young heartthrob, the living legend of Assam, the Northeast in this picturization? This was what that dwindled the spirit of my mind but finally I won. Yes he was there participating in the presentation….He is our BHUPEN DA. My joy knew no bound and out of ecstasy I kissed my daughter hugging her tight.

No comments:

Post a Comment